Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Yuba

Visited: September 2017, April 2018

Another park I didn't spend immense of time at, but it helped me break up the drive back to SLC from St. George, and get some chill before hitting mad traffic from General Conference (it's a Mormon thing idk like the Mormon version of the Academy Awards maybe?).

It was a Friday afternoon and I think there were 3 other groups of people in the whole park. I could tell the lake was low because there was a rather long trek from where it was safe to park without sinking into sand in an Impreza to the shore. All of these reservoirs I visit, I make sure to wander to the shoreline at the very least, or throw a rock in from my vantage point above the lake. I had no idea what to expect when I got off the interstate and drove the few miles to the park. I wanted to go to the area called "Painted Rocks", but realized it was on the far end of the very long (though narrow) lake. Another time.


The sand dunes surprised me. There was nothing from the interstate or any park description I've read that indicated there would be dunes! An RV was parked right at the water and some kids and dogs were running around. The water looked like glass. Lots of trash stuck in the bushes or in the dried up shoreline that must have been flung off boats... but I didn't have the time or resources to get much of it. Oh well. Thinking of heading back some time to check out that painted rocks area. 


April 2018 update:

I went a slightly longer way to Richfield for work to visit the end of this lake, the Painted Rocks campground area. To me, this side was so much cooler. I preferred the view of the mountains and of course the cliffs that give the area its name. I cleaned lots of trash up. Lakes, man. Trash magnets. Still, I recommend this side of the lake more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment