Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Utah Lake

Visited: November 2017

I'd been to the shore of Utah Lake at Inlet Park in Saratoga Springs, and it never would have occurred to me to go to the state park, as I don't have a boat or fishing rod. But it was a great place to take a lunch break after visiting schools in Provo. I drove out as far as you could on a spit in the lake, and nestled up against the rocks and listened to some gentle waves while eating a salad. Another place I wouldn't have visited without the pass. The view from those rocks was pretty stunning though, it helped me see the immensity of the lake that I couldn't even glean from the top of peaks like Squaw (guh hate that word...) and Timpanogos. It basically felt like a sea for this desert dweller. Another lake where I could watch the sunlight twinkle on the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment