Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Deer Creek


Visited: December 207, various others

The only part of this park I have been to so far is the Deer Creek Trail (North Trailhead). You follow along where the railroad goes along the reservoir the whole time. It's about 15 miles long one way and relatively flat. Another one I think my road bike could handle even though it's dirt, and will try once it's all dried out again. This park is HUGE and has many entrances, I want to see more of it once it's summer. This is another reservoir. I really like this trail though, and it was one of my first "hikes" after my ACL surgery, still in the knee brace. I tore a bunch of other stuff in my knee as well, and wasn't able to bend my knee past 90 degrees for 6 weeks after surgery, or past like 20 degrees the 4 weeks between the injury and surgery, so this was a big deal. It's just a really nice trail and I'm lowkey obsessed with it. You can get views of Timp from it too.

Last time I was there, the Heber Valley trail went by below us (me and Caitlin), and some guy with a weird hovercraft thing was flying over the marshy area, then flew by the train. It was wild.



My first walk here (I didn't make it much further... and this isn't far at all lol)



No comments:

Post a Comment