Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Quail Creek

Visited: September 2017 (and April 2016)

Quail Creek is Sand Hollow's underrated cousin. The cliffs on the far end of the lake are geologically interesting, and this is a quieter park that attracts more wildlife, in my experience. I think they set up some lake playground monstrosity in the summer, but I wasn't around for that.

In September I visited on the way back from a school in Hurricane. I just wandered around for a few minutes to check it out again. I saw a crane and adorable critter footprints in the sand. I poked a dead, sunbleached crawdad with a stick.




I picked up an armful of litter on my way back from the shore to my car. A park ranger looked at me, confused. Why was I doing his job? I don't know.

I spent more time here in April 2016, I camped here after a day in Zion with my bff Lynsie. It was a wiiiiiindy night and we got there after dark to our reserved campspot, so we scarfed down some cold sandwiches and went to bed. There was a full moon that rose over the water and woke me up though, so I ended up joining her in the water as well.......



 The sunrise was magical, as sunrises generally are (unpopular opinion: sunrises>sunsets), and I went for another swim before making the trek home. 



Feast your eyes upon my obnoxiously yellow hand-me -down tent that somehow survived 4 years in a geology degree program and further abuse since. Holes in the bottom definitely don't create any problems or consequences.........

No comments:

Post a Comment