Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Red Fleet

Visited: October 2017

Obsessed.

I started on the Dinosaur Trackway Trail. I had printed out the trail guide before I left, because experience tells me that more often than not, the trailhead box of brochures or guides is empty. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only were there several copies, but they were adorable little books, in color, on nice glossy paper. I left my big printed black and white copy in the box in case someone needed larger print, or if they ran out of nice books in the box in the near future. So much delight stopping at each post and reading the nature trail facts.



As promised, the trail ends at DINOSAUR FOOTPRINTS. At a LAKE. Again, not a soul around on a fall weekday afternoon. It was well signed with enough information to not be overwhelming. Enjoy some pictures of me chilling with some dinosaur footprints in the Best Place on Earth, Vernal Utah:







I enjoyed watching the sun dance on the water in the afternoon sun. You could almost hear it making twinkling sounds. This park also had the amazing red rock/blue water contrast of Sand Hollow.


I went into the main part of the park to see more of the lake and check out the campground. I will 100% be back. Plus, I didn't make it to the museum in town that is a state park, the Utah Field Museum, so gotta go back anyway!


They were VERY strict about no cliff jumping here, unlike Sand Hollow, whose signs indicate it's your own damn fault if you get hurt. At Red Fleet, it was clear you'd be in trouble if you got too close to the ledge.


This sign was at the Dino Footprint trailhead. Made me think of home, where we have these signs at our trailheads:


Awwww just like home <3

No comments:

Post a Comment