Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Steinaker

Visited: October 2017

This yet another lake! It was very low and people were fishing and hunting ducks on a weekday afternoon. I went to a picnic ground and found a couple of golden yellow leaved cottonwood trees, set up a hammock, and listened to the Lonesome Dreams album by Lord Huron in its entirety (you're welcome) before getting up. I don't normally "chill" outside, I'm usually moving or looking around or DOING something. So this was big for me. Especially in Vernal, with so much to see. I'm moving there some day. Also, all the children that week were angel children. I didn't want to smack a single one upside the head.

Lord Huron always comes to mind when I'm out in nature. Do yourself a favor and listen to them, and let "In the Wind" float through your mind next time you're at a beautiful overlook.

Need a hammock? Use my link to be eligible for discounts from Madera Outdoor, a company who uses profits to plant trees and teach sustainable farming practices to under served populations. I love the color options, the weight, and how small it rolls up!




No comments:

Post a Comment