Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Starvation

Visited: October 2017

This is a park featuring... wait for it... another lake! You drive over part of it on US 40 to Vernal/Colorado, but I decided to go in and see the dam. It's pretty darn big. It's called Starvation reservoir because some horses starved and died there one winter. Or something like that. I dunno. 

View from US 40


Apparently you can see Kings Peak, the tallest peak in Utah, on a clear day. I went on a day of prescribed burns and couldn't see a thing.

Glory Hole

I got pulled over right before the turn into here. You turn in wayyyy after you pass the reservoir on the road, so I was ever so slightly distracted, hoping I hadn't missed it, because I knew I wouldn't be returning the way I came from on this trip. I was the last in a line of 10 cars and I got pulled over for 7 over in my loud patterned wrapped work car... I didn't get a ticket, but really??? 72 in a 65 with several cars in front of me going the same speed? mmmmkay.

Also, there were all these giant balls in the lake and on the shore since the water was low. No idea what that's about. Google it idk.


I don't know if you were supposed to get that close. I walked down from the dam sign and the sign faced the other way, but it said something about a danger zone lol whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment