Sunday, June 17, 2018

Millsite

Visited: April 2018

The color of this lake is very pretty. The park is under construction so I didn't get a great feel for it. It was partially drained, so it was unique to be able to wander around in the gullies and look for fossils in the limestone. The water color is also a cool blue because of the limestone (calcium carbonates make the neatest color blue- see Glacier National Park for infinite examples). So yeah I didn't get to experience it too much so I don't have much to say. It looks pretty majestic though I'd like to go back when they are done doing whatever.

The water didn't even come close to the giant boat ramp


I really like this butte

But look at the water level!

Wild drained gully

Apparently there are crawdads here

The only fossil I actually found. Not sure what it is though.

No comments:

Post a Comment