Sunday, June 17, 2018

Edge of the Cedars

Visited: April 2018

This park is a museum that surprised me with how big and detailed it was. I'm friends with a lot of Native American history buffs and I haven't had this museum mentioned to me before. I stopped on my way down to Natural Bridges with my brother.

This might sound bad for some reason but I don't mean it to be. But I've worked at several sites with Native American history and culture, so sometimes museums and parks dedicated to it can be boring to me. Like, I know how an arrowhead is made. I've probably handled a more impressive one than any in the display case. I know how pottery is made. I've seen and found so much for myself. I know what they ate, what they hunted, farming techniques, trading, a lot of tribes' rituals, etc I've heard so much of it. It's hard for me to come upon new information, so I really seek out individual stories about individual events to stay interested. This museum provided some of that, as well as types of artifacts I hadn't seen as much as. So I do recommend giving it a visit!


!!!!!!!!

I'd never seen pottery like this before

Or like this

Kokopelli in his full glory

My brother at the pueblo at "the edge of the cedars"

obligatory ladder into an underground kiva

This was neat. It was an astrological structure that helps tracks the constellations



A true relic

No comments:

Post a Comment