Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Scofield Reservoir

Visited: February 2018

This is something I have passed 100 times on US 6 and never bothered to drive the 10 miles to check it out. Right now it's just accessible for ice fishing, but I think I want to go back and check it out when the wildflowers are out. It looked like a nice place for a cabin getaway. I picked up a little trash on the shore. Bodies of water and trash, man. It's like a magnet.

Some ice fisherman on the lake. This was at the "Mountain View" unit of the park

Rocky shore

Can you imagine the hills here covered in spring flowers?!

My favorite sign!

Also on US 6 just south of Scofield, there is a waterfall that I see pretty much year round. I've NEVER stopped at it before, as it's right around a corner and just catches my eye at 60 mph and I'm usually in a hurry to get to Moab, or ready to just be home. But today I took the time to pull in the giant lot just south of the waterfall. It's about a half mile NORTH of the turn to the Price Canyon Recreation Area. You can't miss the lot, it's ENORMOUS. And I got to see it frozen, which is even better!



Bonus adventure!
I'd say the waterfall is like 30-50 feet high?

No comments:

Post a Comment