Sunday, March 11, 2018

Utah Field House

Visited: March 2018

I'm a geologists. I've been to lots of geology and dinosaur museums. But this one is so well done. You should really go here.

You start with a video learning about local palentology and some geology. It's ever so slightly dated and I love the look of the palentologists. So old school. So socks with sandals. Big glasses. Mustaches.

The museum takes a journey through geologic time and highlights local specimens and methods for extracting, preserving, and learning about fossils. There are exhibits geared towards children and adults. Any age group will have something at their level.

Here are some of my favorite things in the museum:







There is a flyer with a cross section of the local geology that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and will be so helpful as I travel through this area more in the future.

There is also a small section on Native American history in the area, and they are building a small section just for geology, separate from any fossils as well.

Even if you don't want to pay for the dinosaur museum, this is also the welcome center for Vernal, and there is this incredible room showcasing what you can do and see in the Vernal area that you should visit if you are in the area.

The dinosaur garden is super fun too. In true Holly fashion, I pulled a piece of trash out of the pond, so I can say I have cleaned up trash in every state park I've been in so far!

Here's a fun throwback to my brothers here back in the day and me:



No comments:

Post a Comment