Saturday, March 24, 2018

Jordan River OHV

“Visited”: March 2018

I don’t have an OHV. I never will, probably. And if I did, I would just ride it up mountain roads I was afraid to try in a full size car. Not do jumps near a polluted SMELLY river along I 15. But to each their own.

This park is not covered by the state parks pass and I didn’t intend to go. I was going to skip this one, the flight park (I don’t have a hangglider), and This is the Place (also not covered by the pass). But I was incrementally running the Jordan River Parkway after work, since I kept teaching at elementary schools close to the trail. And this particular stretch backed up to the OHV Park, so I figured I would at least catch a glimpse of it. I could say I’ve SEEN each state park... I’ve hiked above the other two I just mentioned.

So I’m running along and I see the jumps and piles of dirt and such on the other side of the river. There’s random wooden bridges across the river saying “no trespassing”. Then a couple miles in there’s a big sturdy concrete one that mentions nothing of the sort. It would spit me right out into one of the tracks of the park.

No one around, nothing telling me not to, I traipsed across the bridge, snapped a quick pic as proof, and scurried back across the bridge. There were some beaver footprints in the mud next to the bridge. Nature...!

Did I trespass? Idk. But I didn’t hurt anyone or anything, I don’t think the park is even open yet. So I don’t feel bad. Other people were clearly using that bridge and dumping trash everywhere and god knows what else  sooooo I feel pretty harmless.

Image may contain: sky, plant, outdoor, nature and water
The bridge... no signs or barriers

Image may contain: sky, tree, grass, outdoor and nature
Overgrown track


No comments:

Post a Comment